Data Collection and Use
promethOS Limited (also 'DigitallyEngaged', 'us' or 'we') will collect, processes and retain data for use in our marketing and to provide services to you. We take our responsibilities in relation to data protection very seriously, and we are committed to placing the rights of individuals at the centre of how we collect, hold and process personal information.
We collect data on this website in a number of circumstances, such as when:
- You interact with the pages on this website;
- You complete a form on this website;
- You interact with us online, including on social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter
We analyse and use the data we collect in a variety of ways, and also combine them (sometimes referred to as “profiling”), in order to:
- contact you to promote services which we believe may be of interest to you
- communicate with you about our products, services, events and opportunities to get involved with us
- decide to whom we should send our promotional materials and messages
- choose which messages and content we put on the materials we send to you, or show you on social media
- help us understand in which areas, at which times of day, and with which people we should focus our marketing efforts, and
The data we hold is either data which is made available to us by you or is provided through commercial agreements with suppliers who make such information available for resale to a range of customers.
Where we have obtained data commercially, our suppliers will either have obtained consent from individuals that their data may be made available for resale or will have one or more other lawful bases for processing it, such as legitimate interest.
On some occasions, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or contact us, we will collect, hold and process personal information on the basis of your explicit consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time. Please see section on “Your information rights” for more details.
In all cases we will be clear and transparent about how we use your personal information, only use it for the purposes for which it has been obtained and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to maintain its security.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. Further detail is available in the “Your Information Rights” section of this policy.
Emails from DigitallyEngaged
When you subscribe to our emails, we may ask you for contact information (such as your name and e-mail address), geographic information (such as your postcode), other details about you and your interests with your explicit consent. This is used to help us provide you with information from us to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you to products and services you may be interested in and events happening in your area.
Who we share your information with
We will never sell or share your personal information with other organisations for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share your data with third parties to perform services on your behalf and to help promote DigitallyEngaged by serving you advertisements and content online about products, services and promotions which we think you might be interested in.
In order to complete your request as outlined above, we may need to transfer personal information you submit to us to countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA. In each case, we ensure that our suppliers provide adequate protection for the rights of data individuals in connection the transfer of their personal data. Currently, we expect all suppliers to use the standard contractual clause approved by the European Union or be subject to Privacy Shield scheme in the United States.
Personal information on children
We do not knowingly process any personal details from individuals under the age of 14. Individuals under the age of 14 should not make use of this website or provide their personal details to us.
How we protect your information
Our website has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. When you make a purchase online, we use third-party payment processors to protect your credit card number and other personal information during transmission.
IP addresses and log file data
This site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP Address or the location of your computer or network on the Internet, for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes. (If you are connected to the Internet you have an IP address, for example, an IP address might read “220.127.116.11”). We also use IP addresses in the aggregate to track which pages people visit in order to improve the quality of the site.
Links to other sites
Our site may contains links to other sites and servers. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Your information rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information and the opportunity to choose how it is used. You can:
Contacting us and further information
- Obtain copies of the personal information we hold about you (known as a “subject access request”)
- Request that we correct or update personal information we hold about you
- Ask that we erase or restrict the way in which we use your information. This includes asking that we do not process information relating to your political opinions.
- Request that personal information you have given your consent for us to use is provided in an electronic format so it can be transferred to another data controller (also known as “data portability”)
- We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed weekly, and other changes are processed twice a month.
310 Milton Keynes Business Centre
You have the right to raise any issues or concerns directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office.